Four Activity Environments
Physical literacy is practiced in four environments.
To acquire complete physical literacy, children should learn fundamental movement skills and fundamental sport skills in each of the four basic activity environments:
- On the ground – the basis for most games, sports, dance and physical activities.
- In the water – the basis for all aquatic activities.
- On snow and ice – the basis for all winter sliding activities.
- In the air – the basis for gymnastics, diving and other aerial activities.
- Athletes with Disabilities
- Health Practitioners
- Recreation Professionals